Musings and Jottings on a Summer Adventure...


Sunday 22 July 2012

Whitehaven-Day 0

Staying with Bill and Marion Brooks tonight-friends from St John's Hensingham where my big brother was a Curate. Went with them to a small Mission service at Keekle. It was a good time-I knew Fergus the minister and Simon the (new) Curate and I got to talk about my walk, Africa, and the fundraising.

The preacher spoke on Daniel Ch 3 -where the three friends of Daniel are thrown into the fire for refuding to bow down to an idol, and God rescues them- and mentioned some verses which touched me - Isaiah 43 vvs 1-2. I am if honest quite nervous about doing the walk alone. But the promise of these verses helped me:

'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you...Do not be afraid for I am with you'. (Vvs 1, 2, 5).


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment