Musings and Jottings on a Summer Adventure...


Tuesday 31 July 2012

Day 8 - Keld-Reeth

Today I was back to just walking solo-missed the company of my Canadian friends, though I caught uo with them at Grinton Lodge.

The day's walk was fairly uneventful-a 2mile walk to Keld (v small village, though with a nice tea shop-coffee and flapjack helped with the energy levels), followed by a nice walk to Reeth.

Today I crossed the Pennine Way - wondered as I did how long it would take if I turned South and walked home to Sheffield via Edale rather than continue East!

After another coffee and flapjack along the way, I blundered my way through uphill paths to Reeth-a lovely big market place with shops...had an ice cream, picked up a packet of maps that I'd sent ahead, and found my Youth Hostel.

A nice surprise in that two friends from Sheffield joined me at the Youth Hostel, and walked with me today.

'199 miles done, 1 to go' moments...
-an easier, shorter walk
-sunshine
-soundtrack-Moby, two wonderful sermons, 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue'...
-fun with friends

'1 mile done, 199 to go' moments...
-no phone reception for second day
-rain
-blister pain

A good day!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment