Musings and Jottings on a Summer Adventure...


Monday 16 July 2012

Photos from Uganda




I wanted to include some photos from my first trip to KMS - in March-April 2009. I met some great people - Paul Lugyya, Chris Tendo (Chris is pictured during an organ lesson top left with the bottle of water); Ronald (the pianist,  right) and many others. I enjoyed seeing the native wildlife, including a big spider (right, near the Nile River). I loved the dusty roads and general feeling of happy, busy chaos that Kampala evoked (above right). The deep green and sandy red combination is typical of the hot, fertile Eastern African climate. KMS is currently situated in the bottom floor of the YMCA building in an area of Kampala called Wandageya; the red plaque marks the spot (top right). It has grown from small beginnings in 2001 to a busy Music School serving hundreds of aspiring Ugandan musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment