Musings and Jottings on a Summer Adventure...


Saturday 21 July 2012

24 Hours to Go!

24 hours still to go...

Looking forward to it very much. I am playing in a concert tonight - so I'm still a bit distracted. But I'm nearly packed. One job still to do is upload music onto my phone. There are a few things I'm looking forward to hearing over the next few weeks. Here are some highlights of my playlists...

 




BBC Comedy: Blackadder; 'Just a Minute'; 'Dead Ringers'; and 'I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue...'

Albums I've not heard before:
Paolo Nutini 'These Streets'; Snow Patrol 'Final Straw'; Bellowhead's 'Hedonism' and Jack Johnson's 'To the Sea.

Some Christian worship music - a live album from Sovereign Grace, some CDs of Nathan Tasker and Dave Bilborough; and two CDs of kids songs by Ken Cope!

Sermons - four from the American Tim Keller (including two on Ephesians 1); four from Martyn Lloyd Jones; and a couple by Mark Stibbe on the Father Heart of God.

Classical - a new recording of Haydn's Creation, one of Stavinsky Symphonies, the Respighi Roman Trilogy, selections of Symphonies by Beethoven, Mahler and Vaughan Williams'; Orff's Carmina Burana; and 'WTC 9/11' by Steve Reich.

There's also some Moby, KT Tunstall, Nina Simone and George Formby in there as well...

In addition I've taken some paperbacks with me:

  

A Biography of Alfred Wainwright (the walker who devised the Coast to Coast)
'The Worry Book';
Two little devotional commentaries on the Psalms;
'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins!

Hope I won't get bored...

No comments:

Post a Comment